Should I Buy A Steam Shower Or Sauna? Steam shower offers pain relief, relaxation, skin rejuvenation, bronchitis relief and many other benefits.
Here are the 10 reasons to buy a steam shower vs. sauna.
- Pain relief – Steam showers or steam baths after working out can reduce production of lactic acid which can eliminate sore muscles and increasing flexibility.
- Steam therapy helps eliminate congestion and inflammation in the lungs bringing relief to asthma, bronchitis, and allergies.
- Rejuvenates skin – steam deeply cleanses pores leaving younger looking and more radiant skin.
- Relaxing – Steam baths provide relaxation with units containing whirlpool tubs and back massagers.
- Steam has the ability to iron. You can hang clothes in the shower, turn on the steam for 10 or 15 minutes.
- Steam also helps detoxify the body and burn calories
- Steam bathing can reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Steam baths reduce stress.
- Steam showers are affordable. The average modular steam room costs under $2,000.
- Home investment – Steam showers can raise the value of your home. Homes with residential steam showers can sell quicker than other homes.
Check out this steam shower review video . . .
Aromatherapy in a steam bath
Look for steam showers that offers aromatherapy option. Steam At Home offers aromatherapy. Just add your favorite essential oils and enjoy all a steam bath has to offer.
Dangers of steam showers
Steam baths are generally considered healthy, however, people suffering from high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, as well as pregnant women and the elderly who are not in good health, should not take a steam bath unless otherwise directed by their physician.
You should consult with your doctor on questions pertaining to health issues and before investing in a steam bath or shower. Also, steam bathing, as with saunas, should be avoided while intoxicated. Sauna safety issues.
Sauna vs. steam shower
Here’s the difference between steam bath and steam shower.
So here’s my professional recommendation. If you’re considering having remodeling or repair work done in your home, or you’re considering installing a home sauna, don’t hire any contractor until you check Angie’s List first!